Photo of the Week: Ingo K. Heidbrink

Heidbrink1Ny Herrnhut or Herrnhuthuset. The building was constructed in 1747 as the center of the Moravian Brethren Mission to Greenland. The timber for the construction was imported from the Netherlands due to the lack of local building supplies in Greenland. Herrnhuthuset is located on the outskirts of Nuuk, the capital of Greenland, and was up to 2009 the main building of the Ilisimatusarfik, the University of Greenland. (Photo: Ingo Heidbrink 2007)

2 Comments on “Photo of the Week: Ingo K. Heidbrink

  1. Unfortunately not …, but hope to be able to return soon.

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: