The Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society seeks a part-time digital humanities research specialist to join our small team working on the Environment & Society Portal. This is a flexible, 20h/week position. Negotiable start date between November 2013 and January 2014.
• Serve as liaison between the team and the developer; track project development
• Propose future developments based on digital humanities best practices
• Assist team with the more complex features of the Drupal backend
• Contribute to digital environmental humanities scholarship and outreach
• Evaluate, edit, and publish environmental humanities content; opportunity to create content
• Support project director in research and project management activities as required
• M.A. or equivalent in humanities or social sciences field; research and publication experience
• Familiarity with digital humanities resources, networks, and issues
• Experienced user of content management systems, social media, HTML
• Organized, results-oriented, and able to meet deadlines
• Excellent communication skills within team and with external contributors
• Fluency in English
Additional preferred qualifications:
• Ph.D. in humanities or social sciences discipline; familiarity with environmental humanities
• Project management experience with a university, museum, publisher, or library
• Experience creating, publishing, and promoting diverse digital projects
• Knowledge of copyright issues and practices, particularly concerning digital media
• Fluency in German, other languages a plus
This half-time appointment will be made initially for 6 months with the possibility of renewal. Salary will be determined according to LMU compensation for wissenschaftliche Mitarbeiter/in (TV-L 13). The RCC is located in central Munich and offers a culturally diverse and flexible working environment. The working language of the Center is English. We welcome applications from women. Equally qualified disabled applicants will be given preferential consideration.
Please prepare the following as one PDF document: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and two reference letters OR names of two references with contact information. Send to Dr. Kimberly Coulter at kimberly.coulter (at) carsoncenter.lmu.de by 12 August 2013 with “DH position” in the subject line. Interviews will be conducted in August.