Applications will be considered for internships beginning in September 2016.
The Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society, a joint project of the LMU and the Deutsches Museum, is a flagship institution for international humanities research in Germany. We contribute to public and scholarly debates about past transformations and future challenges in environment and society, harnessing the interpretative power of the humanities (and social sciences) to contextualize technologies, economies, and policies.
Our internships provide candidates the opportunity to gain insight into the administration of an acclaimed academic institution within a highly international setting. Interns support staff in the areas of:
- Contributing to our digital portal
- Working on our publications
- Writing conference reports
- Editing videos
- Coordinating our social media presence
- Preparing and executing conferences and events
- Fulfilling general office duties
The successful candidate will speak and write English fluently and s/he will also demonstrate an interest (relevant course work/degree/seminar papers) in environmental humanities or sciences. Candidates must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree (applications from doctoral or post-doc candidates will not be considered). International students are welcome to apply.
- 30 hours per week, spread over three months.
- Regular working schedule each week (10am–4pm, Monday to Friday).
- The intern receives a stipend, details of which are discussed with short-listed applicants during interviews.
To apply, please email us a self-written application (there are no application forms) in English, including:
- Your availability (when you are available to work).
- A statement of interest, no longer than 5,000 characters including spaces. It should describe your motivation and highlight any special skills.
- Your CV (no longer than 3,000 characters including spaces).
- References: the names and addresses of two professors/supervisors (or other qualified persons) who are willing to be called on to give a personal reference.
Please format all the above into one PDF document. Please apply via email only.
The application deadline is 30 June 2016 for a start in September 2016. We do not offer internships in August.
For questions or to apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The full call for applications can be read here.